Another year has ended and the number of retirees in the United States continues to grow, but very few are aware of the new developments coming to Social Security in 2019.
Here’s a quick list of the big changes, click here to read the full article by Retirement Insurance to learn more.
- 2019 will have the largest Cost-of-Living Adjustment increase since 2012
- The maximum monthly payout at Normal Retirement Age has increased
- Social Security Disability Insurance recipients will receive an increase in benefits
- Exempt amounts under the earnings test will increase
- The Normal Retirement Age will rise…again.
- High-income earners are about to pay more in Social Security taxes
- Qualifying for Social Security will become harder
- Your new Medicare card will no longer have your Social Security number on it
These changes will affect everyone. Now is the time to plan ahead if you’re already on or about to start taking Social Security.