What time should my child go to bed?
Parents everywhere are asking themselves this question as summer draws to a close and a new school year is about to begin. A good night’s rest is important for everyone, especially growing children.
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics,
- Infants from 4 to 12 months should get 12 to 16 hours of sleep (including naps)
- Children 1 to 2 years old should get 11 to 14 hours (including naps)
- Kids 3 to 5 should get 10 to 13 hours (including naps)
- Children 6 to 12 year olds should sleep 9 to 12 hours a night
- Teenagers should get from 8 to 10 hours of sleep a night
Here’s a helpful chart that shows when your little one should hit the hay based on their age and when you plan to wake them in the morning.
Hope you’re ready for school!
Like and share this chart if you know someone who needs a new bed time!